Title: Director of Evaluation and Assessment - Graduate Medical Education (Assistant Professor)
Division: School of Medicine
Work Location: Houston, TX
Division: School of Medicine - GME (80001086)
Department: Graduate Medical Education (90002571)
Employment Duration: Full-time
Internal Title: Academic rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The BCM GME Office seeks a dynamic and visionary leader with a proven track record of excellence in evaluation and assessment to be the Director of Evaluation and Assessment in Graduate Medical Education. Reporting directly to the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education (GME), this position is responsible for the overall evaluation and assessment of the sponsoring institution’s graduate medical education programs and the collection, management, and analysis of learner and faculty assessment data for decision‐making, planning, and continuous quality improvement within both ACGME-accredited and Texas Medical Board (TMB) – accredited GME programs. This position would also be responsible for designing novel and innovative tools in the domain of Workplace Based Feedback and Evaluation.
- Lead strategic planning in assessment for the central GME Office.
- Develop and implement processes to assess performance of graduate medical education programs at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Prepare and present reports detailing institutional performance indicators for Baylor College of Medicine’s ACGME Annual Institutional Review.
- Prepare and present reports and other materials in support of programmatic quality improvement processes.
- Oversee the management and collection of learner and faculty assessment data essential for academic planning, program assessment, and program improvement.
- Analyze and disseminate learner and faculty assessment data in real-time to key stakeholder groups, including educational and departmental leadership, faculty, GME committees, affiliated hospitals, and trainees.
- Conduct needs assessment with key stakeholder groups to include leadership, faculty, staff, trainees.
- Review and improve upon currently employed formative and summative assessment methods.
- Create assessment tools/instruments to be used in individual programs and across programs.
- Develop a learner clinician-teacher/educator, and a training program dashboard that can be used as tools for self-reflection and growth.
- Provide guidance and education to faculty regarding current best practices for learner assessment.
- Direct initiatives to improve both assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Lead educational research and scholarship initiatives designed to improve GME trainee educational outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A terminal degree in related field (PhD, or Ed.D). Consideration will be given for individuals with a Master's degree and a combination of relevant work experience. Prior experience in health sciences, medical, and/or health professions education.
- At least 3 years of work experience demonstrating expertise in evaluation and assessment, including but not limited to, experience applying principles of educational testing, measurement, statistics, scaling, and standard setting procedures in the educational environment. Experience conducting reliability and validity studies.
- A record of educational scholarship (including publications in professional journals, presentations at national meetings, application for education grants, etc).
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent team building, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- The ability to set priorities, manage multiple complex tasks, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional Master's Degree or Ph.D. in educational psychology, psychometrics, or assessment and measurement (or equivalent)
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated, subject to approved exemptions against vaccine- preventable diseases including, but not limited to COVID 19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.