|Job Description Summary:|
The Oﬃce of Evaluation plays an integral role in the evaluation of the four-year MD program, as well as monitoring if and how well the curriculum is achieving its goals of helping medical students attain the overall program learning objectives. We are seeking a Program Manager, Curriculum Evaluation. This position supports the Director and assists the Data Analyst with all essential functions to support educational effectiveness and accountability, curriculum programming, outcomes assessment, accreditation standards, and external reporting requirements.
Evaluation support duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Director with the development and administration of all required program evaluation surveys in Qualtrics across the MD program. Serves as the primary point of contact for course directors who request changes or additions and tracks those requests.
- Managing the peer review component of all course reviews. Gathers appropriate curriculum materials, shares with the reviewers, and ensures reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Director with compilation, review, and summary of data for all course reviews. Attends all curriculum committee meetings when reviews are presented and serves as the Director’s back-up, presenting course review findings when the Director is unavailable.
- Collaborates with the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE), the Office of Medical Education, and the Curriculum Deans to facilitate discussion of student feedback on pre-clinical courses and clinical clerkships.
- Assisting with all components of the MD curriculum phase reviews. Prepares written analyses, creates visualizations, and summarizes key insights from the data to help educators and administrators interpret findings and develop action plans for continuous quality improvement.
Analysis and reporting duties include but are not limited to:
- Extracting, compiling, and managing curriculum-related data from various surveys and other methods of data collection (e.g., interviews and focus groups).
- Analyzing data using basic descriptive statistics such as frequencies, means, medians, and percentages to create error-free reports.
- Assisting with the maintenance of dashboards in Tableau and creating basic data visualizations in Excel and Tableau.
Performing other duties as assigned. The omission of speciﬁc duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
|Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:|| |
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization (for example, program evaluation, and assessment, educational leadership, higher education, statistics, data management, data analytics/visualization) ·
- Prior experience working in higher education and/or medical education with curriculum evaluation data (both qualitative and quantitative data). ·
- Prior experience with Qualtrics or similar web-based survey tool. ·
- Technical skills for using Excel, Tableau, Word, and PowerPoint for organizing and presenting findings. Basic knowledge of statistics and some experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g., Excel, SPSS, R, SAS). ·
- Attention to detail and the ability to provide accurate and reliable work. ·
- Strong project leadership, organizational, and communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work as part of a collaborative educational team.
|Typical Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience|
|Campus Location:||Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.|
|College/School/Department:||School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
|Work Schedule:||Monday through Friday|
|Will this job require the employee to work on site?||Yes|
|Employee Onsite Status||Hybrid|
|Required Background Check:||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||06/29/2022|
|Job Close Date:|| |
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|| |
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.