Director, Medical Education Research and Scholarship
|Closing date|| |
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Position Title||Director, Medical Education Research and Scholarship|
|Department this Position Reports to||Department of Medical Education|
|Hiring Range Minimum||$112,800|
|Hiring Range Maximum||$141,000|
|SEIU Level||Not an SEIU Position|
|Employment Category||Regular Full Time|
|Scheduled Months per Year||12|
|Scheduled Hours per Week||40|
|Location of Position|
Hanover, NH, hybrid, or remote
|Remote Work Eligibility?||Remote eligible|
|Is this a term position?||No|
|If yes, length of term in months.||NA|
|Is this a grant funded position?||No|
To provide support for the Department of Medical Education (DME) research and scholarship mission and build a program of scholarship in the department. To support DME faculty, learners, and collaborations with Geisel clinical and educational partners on educational research and scholarship, including skill development, mentoring, and achieving success in dissemination of scholarly work.
|Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp||PhD plus 6 or more years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience|
|Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities|
- PhD, EdD, MD, DO with focus on educational research and scholarship
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in medical education
- Evidence of productivity in publishing scholarship
- Excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated training and experience in research design
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and software
|Preferred Qualifications|| |
|Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title||Chair and Professor of Medical Education (Nicole Borges)|
|Talent Acquisition Consultant||Matt Browne|
|Equal Opportunity Employer|
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID
-19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.
- Create a department wide program of scholarship
- Develop processes that will facilitate the development, completion, and dissemination of research and scholarly projects.
- Serve as consultant and collaborator on medical education research and scholarship projects with department faculty, learners, and educational partners.
- Provide guidance on study design, methodology, data collection and analysis, and assist with writing and submitting abstracts and manuscripts.
- Advise and provide feedback on writing of abstracts and manuscripts, data collection instruments, and IRB submission materials.
- Lead awareness of current educational scholarship nationally by reviewing relevant publications and distributing content to appropriate faculty, learners and educational partners.
- Publish and present educational scholarship in peer-reviewed forums.
- Serve regionally and nationally on medical education organizations and societies. Attend national and regional medical education meetings as directed by chair of department of medical education.
|Percentage Of Time||65%|
- Plan and conduct medical education research journal club and faculty development activities and events related to medical education research and scholarship.
- Conduct faculty development and teach educational research methods, including but not limited to quantitative, qualitative, and survey research methodologies.
|Percentage Of Time||20%|
- Create and teach medical education research elective and support, advise and mentor student groups with focus on medical education.
|Percentage Of Time||10%|
- Identify funding and support grant applications (intramural and extramural) for medical education research.
|Percentage Of Time||5%|
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter