The Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine's Campus in Middletown, N.Y., has an opening for a full-time Physician Faculty in the Department of Primary Care.
Primary responsibilities include didactic and clinical skills, teaching and assessment of medical students, and direction of the Standardized Patient program.
Candidates must be committed to teaching, scholarship, and service, in line with TouroCOM’s mission statement, and possess strong communication and computer skills.
1. Primary oversight of the Standardized Patient program, particularly in the recruitment, management, training, and assessment of the standardized patient (SP) actors.
2. Participate in the planning, execution, and delivery of the Department of Primary Care Courses and activities (ex: Clinical Systems, Clinical Systems, Physical Diagnosis, Early Clinical Experience, and Medical Simulation courses).
3. Prepare and deliver teaching sessions (live and video) that meet or exceed national and Touro standards.
4. Work closely with other TouroCOM campuses Primary Care Faculty and Staff as appropriate.
5. Participate in determination and judicious use of budget and other resources.
6. Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and training of the adjunct faculty, staff, and standardized patient actors.
7. Support all courses and activities in the Department of Primary Care.
8. Participate in instruction, service (community and school-based), and scholarly activity.
9. Fulfill committee assignments as assigned by the Campus Dean.
10. Satisfactory completion of Faculty Development via TouroCOM and Touro College Faculty Development and Evaluation Policy.
11. Work with the legal/compliance department to help ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed as appropriate.
12. Complies and is aware of the Faculty and Employee responsibilities as specified by the respective Touro Policies, manuals, handbooks, etc.
13. Complies with and is familiar with FERPA polices.
14. Other duties as assigned by Vice-Chair and the Deans.
Required Education, Preparation, and Training
1. DO or MD Degree
2. Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in New York State
Preferred Education, Preparation, and Training
1. AOA or ACGME Board Certification and experience in Primary Care or related specialty (example: family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, or emergency medicine)
2. Experience teaching in the undergraduate medical education setting
3. Experience in medical simulation, particularly with Standardized Patients
4. Experience in administration
Required Computer Skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Ability to learn and utilize curricular hardware, software, and simulation capture programs (including but not limited to Exam Soft program, eClicker, Learning Space/Simulation, LEAP).
· Proficiency in utilizing cloud storage
Required General Skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including via emails and remote conferencing modalities
· Ability to teach
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong administrative, analytic, and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and maintain a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to adapt to a growing and changing environment
Required Physical Demands
· Extensive use of computers, task trainers, and simulators
· Extensive time sitting and standing
· Able to lift up to 5 lbs.
· Standing for an extended period of time in a lab setting (when required)
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter with statement of interest to Jenice.Smith17@touro.edu