Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas is seeking a Director of Evaluation, Assessment, and Educational Research.
Baylor College of Medicine (www.bcm.edu) is a health sciences university known for excellence in education, research and patient care. Among all 192 U.S. medical schools, U.S. News & World Report ranks BCM 16th for primary care and 22nd for research. BCM also ranks 20th in National Institutes of Health funding. Located in Houston - the most racially and ethnically diverse of the 10 largest U.S. metropolitan areas - BCM is part of the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical complex.
The Division of Evaluation, Assessment, & Educational Research within the BCM School of Medicine seeks a Director of Evaluation, Assessment and Educational Research. Candidates with appropriate credentials and academic accomplishments will be eligible for a faculty appointment at the level of Assistant Professor.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-School-of-Medicine-Director-of-Evaluation-%28Assistant-Professor%29-Texa/875163100/
Alternatively, please visit https://jobs.bcm.edu/ and search for position number 11202 .
In directing daily operations of the Division of Evaluation, Assessment, & Educational Research, the Director will:
* Provide administrative supervision of assigned Division staff, fostering a team-oriented culture, planning work processes, and communicating information and results with colleagues as appropriate.
* Collaborate with deans, faculty, staff, and students by providing expertise, and assisting in both directing and providing customer-oriented evaluation, assessment, and education research support.
* Collaborate with deans, faculty, staff, and students in the development and implementation of new learner assessments.
* Collaborate with division colleagues in the analysis, reporting, and interpretation of examination and assessment data, and curriculum evaluation data.
* Contribute to complex problem-solving and development of new initiatives.
* Collaborate in the development and implementation of evidence-based continuous improvement processes related to learner assessment and curriculum evaluation.
* Develop and maintain confidential data sets and complex reports related to student performance and curriculum evaluation.
* Contribute to, and direct as needed, setup and administration of online examinations and curriculum evaluation surveys for learners in the health professions; serve as an NBME Chief Proctor.
* Conduct data analysis and report preparation using SPSS or other software packages, as appropriate.
* Generate medical education scholarship aligned with the division's core missions; contribute to BCM research colleagues' projects as needed.
The Director reports to the Assistant Dean for Evaluation, Assessment, and Education Research.
* Education: Ph.D., Ed.D., or other relevant terminal degree.
* Experience: Minimum of three years of experience performing managerial or administrative duties coordinating multiple projects, preferably in a higher-education setting.
* Skills: Strong computing skills with experience in software related to one or more of the following: statistical analysis, survey administration, and examinations.
* Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently, problem-solve, analyze complex information, understand and improve complex processes, maintain confidentiality, and meet deadlines.
* Proven capacity to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
* Experience implementing student performance assessments; knowledgeable regarding assessment construction and validation.
* Experience with program evaluation and improvement processes, such as administration of course and teaching evaluation surveys.
* Experience in health professions education.
* Experience in several of the following preferred: higher education curriculum evaluation and improvement, project development and implementation, data analysis and reporting, health professions assessment, medical education.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.bcm.edu/ and search for position number 11202 .