Director of Assessment at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Medicine
Faculty Rank - DOQ
Job Overview: This position is responsible for developing and overseeing data driven measures to assess and evaluate all aspects of the undergraduate medical education curriculum of the College of Medicine. The successful candidate will report to the Associate Dean of Medical Education and will work closely with phase, course, and clerkship directors, as well as with other members of the faculty and administration, to ensure that assessment and evaluation measures of students are consistently applied and are tightly linked to program objectives.
- Doctorate in a field related to biomedical education (MD, PhD or EdD) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years work experience at a medical school or academic medical center or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable record of achievement in course and curricular assessment and evaluation
- Expertise with quantitative and qualitative methods, evaluation design, data analysis and design and validation of assessment instruments
- Strong managerial, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan strategically, establish priorities and achieve target outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Provide leadership in the collection and analysis of data to support a continuous quality improvement process for the curriculum and its associated components
- Maintain a comprehensive system of assessment data management and reporting through the curricular management or other database tools.
- Develop assessment mapping across the curriculum to ensure that program goals and objectives are adequately assessed and evaluated.
- Develop regular data reports for various internal constituents (e.g., Curriculum Committee and its subcommittees, UNMC Assessment Office, Administrative Oversight and Quality Committee) on key curricular outcome measures
- Participate as a key member of a team that provides regular reports to external accrediting agencies (e.g., Liaison Committee on Medical Education, Higher Learning Commission)
- Provide faculty development consultations to enhance course and program specific assessment methods.
- Develop and implement data driven measures to evaluate associated programs such as the MD/Ph.D. program and Enhanced Medical Education Tracks
- Collaborate with the faculty and staff of the Offices of Medical Education in research projects focusing on the education of our students.
Applications are now being accepted on-line at http://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/63736
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.