The Office of Evaluation for the MD Program plays an integral role in the evaluation of the MD curriculum, its instructors, and the achievement of its overall program objectives.
We are seeking a Data Analyst, Curriculum Evaluation. This position provides data analytics services to the university. This role typically gathers operational data to examine past business performance, identifies data patterns and trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, and solution assessment.
This role recommends actions for future developments and strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies. This position typically performs quantitative and qualitative analyses to advance operations, including database studies, descriptive statistical reports, and correlative and predictive models.
- Extract and compile curriculum related data from various sources and prepare it for reports both internally and externally as well as research related.
- Conducts education-related research analyses, including correlation analysis, multiple linear regression, reliability analysis, and analysis of variance (ANOVA).
- Develop, build, and merge numerous bodies of numerical and text-based data (quantitative and qualitative) into user friendly data sets and spreadsheets. Performs descriptive statistical analyses.
- Analyzes and reviews curriculum evaluation data in order to develop, build, coordinate, and merge numerous bodies of numerical and text-based data (quantitative and qualitative) into user-friendly data sets and spreadsheets, and perform some descriptive statistical analyses to help inform reporting and decision-making as related to medical school curriculum and medical education.
- Ensures that the curriculum data is properly updated with accurate information for evaluation study and review.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Master’s degree in Education or a closely related social science discipline. With experience in the following areas:
- Experience with statistical software packages (SPSS or similar) and Excel is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau preferred) is preferred.
- Experience with software packages used for survey administration and reporting (especially Qualtrics) is preferred.
- Experience with relational database creation, management, querying, and coding (especially SQL) is preferred.
- Experience with education or social and behavioral science statistics.
- Experience in an undergraduate medical education environment is highly desirable.
- Comfort with public speaking is highly desirable.
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software.
- Familiarity with assessment issues is a plus.
Typical Hiring Range: $56,621 - $87,592
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Direct link to job listing: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/81012