NBME is seeking a Director, Standardized Patient Training to lead the planning and delivery of education and training for Standardized Patients as part of the USMLE Step 2 CS exam and future performance-based assessments as part of licensure. The ideal candidate will have experience building a new team of training and education staff to quickly and effectively develop and deliver SP training programs and curriculum. This position will report to the Vice President, Test Development.
• Identifies and plans to successfully meet the short-term and long-term Standardized Patient training and education needs related to the ongoing development and operational delivery of the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills exam.
• Develops and manages a group of standardized patient educators and instructional professionals.
• Designs, implements, coordinates, and evaluates SP training programs and curriculum. Responsible for seeking more effective methods and content to ensure delivery of high-quality standardized patient portrayal.
• Oversees the selection, implementation, maintenance and use of a Learning Management System (LMS).
• Defines and drives key learning and adoption metrics using an LMS.
• Leverages a mixture of remote training methodology and face-to-face training selectively deployed across various time zones and locations.
• Collaborates with the staff of the clinical performance assessment and Standardized Patient Program to develop policies and uniform rubrics and benchmarks for acceptable levels of SP performance accuracy. Collaborates with various teams across organizations to ensure SP training and education is aligned with content development, SP portrayal accuracy/quality standards, and are driven by a continuous improvement approach.
• Participates in projects and research activities for USMLE, NBME and in collaboration with other units to enhance the delivery of performance-based assessment.
• Ensures best practices are implemented consistently across teams and individuals.
• Provides leadership and collaboration on USMLE Committees (test material development committees, interdisciplinary review committees and task forces) to develop high quality case materials.
• Ensures standardized patients receive the needed training to effectively and consistently portray cases and engage with examinees.
• Evaluates SP performance and quality assurance program along with staff of the SP program. Participates or leads in cross functional error (RCA) investigation and develops quality improvement processes to address performance concerns.
• Builds, develops, and leads a team of professional staff dedicated to SP training and education. Responsible for recruiting, onboarding and acclimation, development, performance and team culture.
For more information, go to https://nbme.applicantpro.com/jobs/1567599.html