Instructional Designer for Active Learning
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine invites applications for a full time Instructional Designer to work with our medical school faculty to promote active learning in face-to-face instructional sessions, technology-enhanced blended learning, flipped classroom modalities and other new and emerging techniques, in our new state-of-the-art educational center as well as other educational settings. The Instructional Designer, a member of the Office of Medical Education, will report to the Director of Educational Program Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Provide consultation, support and training to faculty in the development of educational materials that enhance the teaching and learning experience incorportating sound pedagogical principles.
- Guide and support faculty in the design and delivery of active learning sessions (e.g., case-based teaching, flipped classroom exercises, self-directed learning, etc.).
- Guide faculty to the effective integration of technology (e.g., online resources, instructional software, multimedia technologies) with classroom learning, and the appropriate use of educational spaces that enable students to meet competencybased learning objectives for sessions and courses.
- Assist faculty in the development of assessment exercises for use in blended- or flipped-classroom settings.
- Collaborate with the academic deans in the Offices of Medical Education, Faculty Development, Educational Informatics, Diversity Enhancement, and Medical Student Research to further educational goals.
- Assist the Director of Educational Program Development and other faculty in planning and teaching faculty and staff development workshops focused on learning and assessment strategies, curriculum development, instructional technologies, and student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with faculty to turn their work on educational innovations and results into educational scholarship.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and novel instructional approaches for possible use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational technology or a related field in education. Master’s or doctoral level degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with faculty in education (work in a medical school or other higher education setting a plus).
- Track record of designing and conducting sessions on learner-centered instructional methods (educational portfolio a plus).
- Experience with synchronous and asynchronous educational modalities, creation of multimedia educational presentations, faculty development, media formats, mobile technologies, and active learning.
- Effective customer service, communication, problem solving, critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively in a complex interdisciplinary setting.
Applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
Please forward a letter of interest and CV to:
Executive Assistant to the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461