Health Professions Education Specialist IV
To Apply: View requisition details and Reference ID #50161BR
Please note: This is a full time contract position that will end on October 31, 2019.
Together, the School of Medicine’s (SOM’s) Department of Medicine (DOM) and the Center for Faculty Educators seek to identify an Education Research Specialist to support the development of innovative educational programs, rigorous learner assessment, and creative program evaluation strategies. As an element of this work, the Education Research Specialist will devote a significant amount of time collaborating with faculty members in the design and implementation of a comprehensive effort to strengthen the teaching and evaluation skills of SOM faculty and will assist DOM faculty members in their development as scholars, writers, and education researchers. Applies extensive knowledge of professional health education programs and policies to manage program administration and operations, which may include teaching and learning activities, program curriculum, learner scheduling, maintaining databases, tracking learner compliance, and program accreditation. Participates in strategizing, planning, and implementation of substantial program improvements of large scope and high degrees of complexity. Provides advanced quantitative research support including data analysis, and support for writing grants and publications.
OFFICE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION / CENTER FOR FACULTY EDUCATORS
UCSF School of Medicine (SOM) Office of Medical Education and the Department of Medicine (DOM) are nationally and internationally known for their development, assessment, and evaluation of innovative educational programs addressing the critical learning needs of 21st century physicians. While many departments participate in these programs and there is increasing collaborative education innovation across the four health professions schools at UCSF, DOM and the Medical Education’s Center for Faculty Educators have been particularly robust and productive and require this additional support to sustain this productivity.
· Master's degree or higher and/or equivalent experience /training in education research and/or learner assessment
· Advanced knowledge of a health professions education program curriculum and requirements. Maintains a broad range of expertise in health professions education theory and industry best practices
· Advanced knowledge of administrative analysis and operations research. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills to develop and implement complex processes and systems improving program quality and efficiency and reducing cost
· Advanced skills associated with statistical analysis and systems programming
· Advanced skills in analysis and consultation
· Excellent communicator; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Ability to handle sensitive personal information with appropriate discretion and judgment
· Advanced interpersonal skills. Skills to work collaboratively coordinate and integrate with others throughout the organization. Successful experience working with people with a wide range of backgrounds and skills
· Advanced organizational and project management skills. Ability to lead a team, prioritize personal and team tasks and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule. Advanced personal organization skills and ability to apply to administration of the entire program including organizing critical files for compliance