Cleveland Clinic’s Internal Medicine Residency Program seeks an Education Director. The Education Director will play an integral role in curriculum development, teaching, assessment, scholarship, and innovation. This leadership role will develop and facilitate educational scholarship within the residency program. The Director will build and implement educational programs designed to equip faculty and residents with the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective clinicians and teachers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Curriculum Development - Provide leadership, coordination, and integration of curriculum functions and activities, support clinician educator track
- Educational Development - Develop educational processes that align with the learning needs of trainees and institute effective training strategies
- Scholarship in Teaching - Advocate and support a scholarship in teaching approach
- Instructional Design - Oversee and institute latest learning technology and knowledge management, understand goals behind educational innovations and guide program to best approach to meet goals
- Educational Research - Promote use of outcomes data to make residency program improvements; collaborate and lead initiatives to promote scholarship resulting from program innovations; Coordinate, design, and implement educational research projects as related to Internal Medicine education; Publish and present educational research papers at peer-reviewed forums; Apply for grants to support educational research efforts; Mentor faculty or residents interested in planning and pursuing educational research
- Evaluation and assessment - collaborate and lead initiatives to promote a comprehensive assessment system in the IM Residency Program; develop scholarly activity within the IM Residency Program in the area of evaluation and assessment
Candidates must possess an EdD (doctorate degree in education) or PhD in an education oriented field. Ideal candidates will have experience with medical education, curriculum development, learning assessment, program evaluation, faculty development and scholarship. This individual will also possess the appropriate knowledge, skills, experience and track-record of scholarship reporting outcomes of clinical innovations. Team work, collaboration, and outstanding communication skills are a must. Apply now to join one of the largest Internal Medicine residency programs in the country currently rated #1 in Ohio to be on the cutting edge of educational reform and innovation.
Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter and CV at http://www.practicematch.com/physicians/job-details.cfm/483222.