Throughout the year, SDRME will be offering virtual sessions. We are lucky to be an organization comprised of experts in the field of medical education research.
Schedule and Topics of Upcoming Webinars
Program Evaluation in Health Professions Education: Beyond Outcomes, a team-based learning (TBL) online workshop by Dr. Louise Allen and Dr. Dorene Balmer
When: Dec 7, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
TIP: This is a real TBL, so don't forget to review the BRIEF pre-session reading materials (sent at registration).
After the workshop, attendees will be able to:
1. Articulate the varied purposes of program evaluation
2. Distinguish between merit and worth
3. Describe the different evaluation models, as well as their uses and limitations
4. Explain the role of context in program evaluation
5. Discuss the seven elements of the holistic program evaluation approach described by Haji et al.
6. Distinguish between program evaluation and research
- February 8, 2022 - 1:00-2:30 PM ET/NYC
A Conversation about Questionable Research & Authorship Practices in Health Professions Education
Anthony Artino, Ph.D.
Recorded Session: TBA
- September 27, 2021 - 12:00-1:00 PM EDT/NYC
Awareness of Biases in Assessment and Ways of Addressing Them
John Encandela, Ph.D.; Martin Slade, Ph.D.; Dowin Boatright, M.D.
Recorded Session: https://youtu.be/SzLiM0f7gG8
- October 12, 2021 - 11:00 AM-12:15 PM EDT/NYC
Person-centered Analysis in Health Professions Education
Rashmi Kusurkar, Ph.D.; Anne de al Croix, Ph.D.; Marianne Mak-van der Vossen, M.D., Ph.D.
Recorded Session: https://youtu.be/Bj6seJFLULU
- November 1, 2021 - 10:00-11:00 AM EDT/NYC
EPAs for PhDs in Health Professions Education
Roghayeh Gandomkar, M.D., MSc, Ph.D.; Olle ten Cate, Ph.D.
Recorded Session: https://youtu.be/UXVpwteQ1RE